Help Employ a Youth Minister for Melbourne's Inner-North YouthSupport the ministry of Tom French
Inner North Youth Group (INYG) is a collaborative youth ministry originally formed by three Anglican churches in Inner North Melbourne about 10 years ago. The group was started to allow small churches who couldn’t support a youth ministry on their own to have a larger, sustainable youth ministry. Today the original three churches have grown to six who are sending youth and supporting this collaborative ministry.
There are between 20-25 young people and their leaders at INYG on a Friday night meeting at St John’s Anglican, West Brunswick. The INYG ministry has allowed unchurched youth to explore issues of faith. The combined ministry has also helped churches retain young people and their families in their local churches on Sundays, increasing stability and helping the churches reach more families in their area. To encourage this trend to continue and to see many churches flourish over the coming years in Melbourne’s Inner North, the churches of the INYG have decided to employ me, Tom, as the Youth Minister.
Why Employ Me?
Employing a Youth Minister will allow for a number of key things to happen for the INYG:
- More time able to be given to helping young people grow in their knowledge of Jesus
- Better training and recruitment of leaders
- More attention to developing the youth ministry program, supporting parents, providing pastoral care, and engaging unchurched youth
- Support for participating churches in engaging young people
- Exploring new initiatives including outreach, camps, community engagement, occasional youth church services and connections with local schools
- Preparation for the growth of the ministry as children of young families from participating churches begin attending the group
Why do we need your help?
Employing a youth minister is expensive. It costs about $33,000 per year for two days a week. Through participating churches giving from their budgets, a number of grants, and individual donations, about 75% of this goal has been raised. However, we need help to raise the final 25% so that I can be employed for the full two days. What’s more, having this employment will allow me to spend the rest of my week developing my wider teaching ministry for young people.
If through prayerful consideration, you would like to support this ministry and help me reach young people with the Gospel, you can make a one-off tax-deductible donation through the Melbourne Anglican Foundation by clicking the button below.
Click here to help employ Tom as Youth Minister for the Inner-North Youth Group
If you would like to set up regular tax-deductible donations you can contact the Melbourne Anglican Foundation on (03) 9653 4286. Or if you can give non-tax-deductible gifts or set up ongoing support by bank transfer marked “Inner North Youth Group” to the Merri Creek Anglican account details found here.